Search This Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Moving TFS To Another Server

This weekend I have moved the Team Foundation server to another server. I used How to: Move Your Team Foundation Server from One Hardware Configuration to Another document to do this.
One problem I had that the referenced document: How to: Restore Team Foundation Server Data to a Different Server is a little confusing since it is not taking into consideration the possibility that you are moving a single server deployment and you have already done some stuff. I found that some of the things I've done in the main document are repeating in this document.
At the bottom line if you follow the guide it works and smoothly.

1 comment:

Levente Rög said...

I'm trying to do this in a virtual environment first because we know that later we'll have to move our server. (in fact some projects, but I believe that the best solution would be to duplicate the server then divide the projects and delete the rest). This MSDN document is very confusing for me, always forgets to mention if the operation should be performed on the old or on the new server. Also I don't see where can I move the SharePoint site. Already wasted like 10 hours with this...