Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI' or one of its dependencies - Visual Studio 2005 SDK

I have noticed that after installing Visual Studio 2005 SDK one of my web projects has stopped running in Visual Studio raising an exception that says: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI' or one of its dependencies". After some investigation I have found that the file exists also under the common assemblies directory of the SDK (C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies) and somehow although I do not use the assembly it is copied as a reference. The solution for that was deleting the file from the SDK common assemblies folder (since it is already contained in the framework). After the first deletion I made I had to delete another assembly from that folder and the project was running again.

No comments: